Signage Content Management Systems
Minimal effort, maximum impact
A digital signage content management system (CMS) controls the display of media, such as images, video and text, on one, or multiple digital displays. A CMS is perhaps the most important component of a digital signage system as it customises, controls, schedules and runs what the customer sees - the content! (What does a signage CMS do?)
A CMS will vary considerably in terms of complexity, power and scope, individual requirements dictating the complexity of a system - this might be the management of one media file on one screen to a daily schedule of numerous content types across a nationwide network of screens.
The scope of each system will vary considerably but a common factor must exist: a CMS must be intuitive and easy to use - think minimal effort for maximum impact.
What makes a good CMS?
Key features should include:
- An intuitive, cloud-based interface or dashboard - incorporating drag and drop movement and media customisation tools.
- Simple content scheduling - allowing the scheduling of content via playlist and calendar functionality. Click here for a demo.
- Web portal management - access the CMS from any web browser on any device.
- Network monitoring - offers visibility of the network health of each display in a portfolio of screens. Click here for a quick demo.
- Offline mode - avoid black screens and error messages, ensuring content runs even when a network connection is down.
- Automatic software updates - updates are automatically pushed to each screen as and when available - no human intervention is required.
Other useful features include:
- Web service integration - link your CMS to a dynamic web service such as news headlines, local weather conditions, social media feeds and airport flight times. Click here for a demo.
- Font, colour and layout customisation - add an almost infinite number of design aesthetics.
- Split screen design - segment a signage display into smaller content zones; for example, advertise happy hour pricing on the same screen as Sky Sports and a RSS news feed.
- Customisable template libraries - useful for the quick design of standard image and text templates.
- Social media integration - pulls and plays content uploaded onto social media sites such as Twitter and Instagram.
How can Airwave help?
In order to best choose a signage CMS, you need to have a firm idea of your communication goals, intended audience and and be mindful of any future requirements - how might the business grow or change? how might content and media evolve? how can I prevent my CMS becoming outdated or obsolete?
Airwave offer a "good, better, best option" catering from single screen projects to multi-screen, nationwide deployments and can recommend a CMS based on a qualifying conversation (we also offer a free trial, get in touch for more details).
Airwave is a certified partner of signage and IPTV provider, Otrum, provider of customer centric software for the hospitality industry. Other solutions available include Signagelive, and Samsung, Philips & LG in-house platforms.
For more details or advice, get in touch: 0845 555 1212 or email@example.com
An introduction to Airwave's key signage CMS