Airwave, SCCI Alphatrack, Ladbrokes and Coral
On December 1st 2017, Airwave was acquired by the SCCI Group creating, by some distance, the UK's largest systems integrator. The acquisition created a go to company for display media, digital connectivity and network services and consolidated the knowledge, resource and skillsets of both entities.
Having previously collaborated on a number of high profile projects, it was only a matter of time before the first combined win for Airwave and its parent company.
SCCI Alphatrack work closely with the licensed betting shop industry adding additional betting services within shops, including virtual racing, tablets, video walls and touch screens. Benefitting from this long-standing relationship, Airwave was tasked to assist SCCIA with the design, build and installation of audio video technology into the new Ladbrokes Coral offices at the HERE EAST technology hub and innovation centre in Stratford, London.
Ladbrokes Coral is the biggest bookmaker in the UK, with over 4,000 shops and 30,000 staff. Its new offices are designed to inspire their sports-technology team, incorporating an arena and running track. As a consequence, a diverse range of technology solutions was required.
"In order to best service Ladbrokes Coral's requirements, we recommended displays from three different manufacturers" said Airwave's Charles Mupfurutsa "a single brand solution wouldn't have ticked all the boxes."
A Cocktail of Technology
In order to provide a tailored solution that caters exactly to a customer's needs, a brand agnostic approach is important. With this in mind, both Samsung and Philips video walls were installed:
- 4 x Philips 55" BDL5588XC video wall panels, mounted in a 2 x 2 format and installed in the office stadium area. Sennheiser wireless microphones were connected to the screens to enable in-house presentations. Inputs into the panels allow Freeview TV, SKY and (of course) horse-racing feeds.
- 16 x Samsung UH46F video wall panels in a 8 x 2 configuration
Samsung, Philips and NEC large format displays were installed in meeting rooms and office locations:
- 27 x 55" Samsung SMART TVs - displaying Freeview, Sky TV and racing.
- 16 x 55" NEC displays - used as all-purpose displays in meeting rooms.
- 5 x 55" Philips D Line signage screens mounted in portrait - providing staff with 24/7 information and content.
Other technology deployed includes Google Chromebox for video conference meetings and a digital SMATV headend, providing satellite and Freeview TV channels across a modulated TV network. Flat, pivot, ceiling mounts and video wall mounting solutions were provided by BTECH.
A Big Future
Airwave's acquisition into the SCCI Group of companies provides the platform for a bright future, providing an expanded list of services, additional knowledge and an extended network of nationwide service and engineering support.
If you'd like to find out more about Airwave's recent acquisition or list of products and services, get in touch: email@example.com or 0845 555 1212